Beth Sabatino
Title: The Education of Professor Cullen

Author: sheviking

Chapters: 17

Word Count: 103,946

Reviews: 3,651

Summary: College professor Edward Cullen is thoroughly annoyed by his student Ms. Swan. Everything about her bothers him, and he longs for the semester to be over. But what happens when he meets her one night when they aren't in school? Lemons and naughty language

It is no secret that I love a nerdy awkward Edward. This one has it in spades, but as I was chatting with my fellow Pervs about this story, I couldn’t help but point out that this Edward was socially awkward, but not socially retarded. He is just a guy who has lived a somewhat sheltered life. He has done what he has needed to do. I think he has enjoyed his solitude and study up to this point in his life. Edward has slept with a few women, but never was secure enough in himself for the experiences to be anything more than average. What he needed was liberating, and that is where Bella comes in.

I love the Bella in this story. She is sexually secure and seems to have a confidence about her. She is in your face from the first chapter. She doesn’t ease Edward out of his shell, she cracks that fucker open with a sledge hammer. The ironic thing in the end is that her shell cracks too, and as the story goes on, we see the abandoned girl behind the tough facade. We know a lot of her story of losing her parents, and eventually her grandfather caretaker, but there still seems to be a part of her vulnerability that we haven’t seen.

In a twist, as she softens, Edward gains his footing. It reaches it’s zenith in the latest chapter as our emotionally stunted Bella tries to flee:

Relief flooded through me. She didn't mean what she was saying. Isabella was a horrible liar or maybe I just knew her face so well that I could see it clearly. I walked over to her and made her look up at me.

"Tell me that you don't feel anything for me. Look me in the eye and tell me that this has just been sex to you and nothing more," I challenged her.

From the outside it might seem like I was taking a huge risk in putting Isabella on the spot like this but it didn't feel that way to me. I knew that she had feelings for me. She couldn't have faked everything that had happened in the last few days.

"I-"

She took a ragged breath and avoided my eyes. I lifted her chin and she met my gaze.

"I…don't f-feel anything f-for y-you," she stammered and her eyes overflowed with tears.

"Liar," I whispered and cupped her face in my hands.

"This w-was j-just…sex," she gasped as the tears ran down her face.

"Liar," I murmured and bent down to kiss her.

Her lips trembled against mine and she was completely rigid. I looked at her when I pulled back. All her actions this morning gave off the impression that she wanted to leave but I knew her now. She was sad and most of all scared. All she knew was being alone so she was trying to push me away again. I had no idea what had happened during the night to cause this dramatic shift in her, but I knew that she didn't mean what she was saying at the moment.

I had spent my entire life being afraid of the unknown, always sticking to my routine to avoid disorder and chaos. I knew fear when it stared me in the face and right now it was painted all over Isabella's beautiful features.

"Don't be scared," I whispered.

This story has taken a beautiful arch from pure physical pleasure to two people who should have never worked falling in love. As much as the lemons leaving me fanning myself, the rainbows and kittens are done with such a tender touch. Soft moments like the first time the shift occurred from sex to making love (see Nina's quote below).

In one final note, my favorite small detail that has my dirty bird brain on over-drive: Bi-sexual Jasper. He is a minor character. Just a friend/co-owner with brother Emmett in this story, but the one conversation about his sexuality is enough to make the girly bits applaud. (was HOPING for some Jasper sandwich at the club...just sayin')

"I'm not gay," he said casually. "I'm…versatile. It's all about the person for me. It transcends gender."

Emmett stared at his friend completely bug-eyed. This was obviously news to him.

"You're not into me, are you?" he blurted out.

Jasper threw his head back and roared with laughter.

"No!" he gasped and wiped his eyes. "No, I'm not into you, Em."

"Well, it's not that funny, is it?" Emmett said with a pout and crossed his arms.

"No, I'm sorry, buddy," Jasper said and gave him a pat on the back. "You're a very attractive man but you're really not my type."

"I tend to go for guys more like Edward actually," he added and smiled at me.

Yes, please and thank you. ;)

5 out of 5 Naughty Professor Ruler Spanks
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment