Beth Sabatino
Counterpoint, Ch. 51

I started this journey with you when I picked up Art After 5. I was curious if I could dance along the edge of the taboo, and enjoy. Luckily for me, the writing was fabulous, and the charters pulled me in. I recognized some of myself in Bella's brazenness. I loved the cerebral conversations that they had about art and sex and life. Your Esme and Carlisle remain two of my favorites.

What I didn't expect to find was a friend. A sister from another mother, who I so look forward to meeting in person. When I think of you I smile, and that is a gift.

This journey with Edward's side of the tale was so fascinating with me, knowing the outcome, but at times desiring something else. You wrote his time with Kate in such a way that I couldn't help but love her myself. I hurt for her as I would a friend when he walked away. That only solidified how great Edward's love is for Bella. It made their relationship, in the end, feel more concrete.

Thank-you so much for ignoring the noise, and continuing to take the time away from your life to create these lives on the page.

Always,

Bethie
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment