Beth Sabatino
Guide to Losing a Player in One Date, Ch. 1-5

This Esme and Carlisle are one of my favorites in the fandom. I'm so happy you decided to tell their story. I love Carlisle's insistence and cockiness. The problem I am having is that I am not seeing the essence of what I love about Esme. Granted, she is 20 years or so younger than the mature woman I have come to love in AA5/Counterpoint. I was, admittedly, not the person I am today when I was that age. So, because of this, I am giving her some leeway. My problem is that she often comes off as being a bitch and not just evasive or leery. Where I would expect clever banter, I just find snark.

But like I said, I was reactionary and at times hurtful in hindsight in my early 20s. Maybe the thing I don't like the most is the mirror you are inadvertently holding up.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment