Beth Sabatino
Deep Dish, Ch. 17-28

I have all the luck of being the preview lobster for this story. I have been glimpsing it first, and have seen behind the curtain (aka, the outline), so at times it is hard to view the story as it unfolds knowing what is coming. In the end, it is starfishy's writing that keeps me in the moment.

I love this adventure she has taken us on with Jack and Jacey and co. I have loved Jack morph from an emotionally distant man to one that puts himself out there. To admit that he is in love with this sweet boy that is so far away. Alas, we know that bit him in the ass a bit, but I am one who believes in going all in with your heart. You do risk great hurt, but you also have no regrets. No love is ever wasted. It is a gift. One, that I think Jacey will be haunted by.

I find it so interesting that Jack is remaining celibate. I think once you have experienced reciprocated love, it is near impossible to go back to casual fucks. I think he sees the emptiness of them now. Once you have made love, scratching an itch has less appeal.

One thing that starfish writes so well is people. Real people with real emotions. She makes you fall in love with her characters from the mains down to the supporting cast, and it is why I read her fics over and over again.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment