Beth Sabatino
Title: Public Relations

Author: snshyne

Chapters: 7

Words: 38,131

Reviews: 338

Summary: Bella Swan, the President of Black-Swan, Inc, WANTS Edward Cullen Owner and Creative Director of ECSquared. What is she going to do about it? A fun fic mini-series. M, AH, OOC, E/B, canon pairings.

Public Relations is one of those stories that crossed my radar a while ago, but I didn't get a chance to read it at the time. I'm sorry I didn't before now. I loves some Nerdward, and this story has it in spades. Edward is punctual, precise, and completely awkward socially. Scratch that, I don't believe is inept, more inexperienced. He was also burned hard by a former love leading him to believe he is not enough for anyone romantically. This makes me want to hug this Edward and make him cookies.

He is brought face to face with his inexperience in the very first chapter when he is called to the office of the office of one Ms. Swan after pitching Swan-Black Inc. a pitch for one of their clients. Perfectionist Edward is thrown off guard at the suggestion that his presentation is anything but perfect. Turns out that it wasn't the presentation that Bella has a problem with. Her problem is that she is not full of Edward's dick.

This is the first time we watch poor Edward stumble through a situation he is completely ill prepared for. He has been asked for a command performance in the one area of his life that he is unsure of himself. Luckily, Bella has no problem giving direction, and his apparent inexperience seems to turn her on. That doesn't stop the fantastic internal dialog, and sometimes external dialog of an Edward that has trouble with talking dirty, or even saying the names of anatomy out-loud. He even stumbles when just thinking about it!

My favorite part of the story, though is when Edward does find his confidence. An ex of Bella's catches up with them at a party at Jasper's restaurant:

Instinctively, I stepped between them and pushed his hand off of her.

"I don't think the lady likes you touching her."

"The lady?" he said mockingly. "Who is this douche, Bella? This is none of your business, pal!"

"She is my business. Don't touch her or come anywhere near her again."

He made a move to get past me and Bella pressed herself against the wall as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and hurled him back in the other direction.

"I said, don't touch." I was surprised by my own force and tone. All I knew was he was not going to touch her.

Bella ran off and I turned to call her name, but the ass in front of me started talking.

"I can touch what's mine," he said. "Bella is mine."

I could feel the anger rising in my body at his words and actions, but in all fairness, I didn't technically have a claim to her. However, I knew for a fact that she didn't want him touching her.

"Apparently, she disagrees. Come near her again and we have a problem." The sinister tone and machismo in my own voice startled me and I had to wonder where that came from.

This display of masculinity results in a more confident Edward and a turned on Bella having fantastic adrenalin sex in the coat room.

Her small hands had pushed my suit jacket off and were now alternating between clutching at the back of my shirt or finding purchase in my hair. The way she was clawing at me was like she was trying to get as close as possible, but couldn't get close enough.

My hands came across the hem of her dress and she hitched one leg over mine as I gently moved up her thigh. She sighed into my mouth and flinched as I traced her delicate skin.

Suddenly, I stopped. I stopped everything and gazed at her with hooded eyes.

"No panties?" I barely recognized my own voice, laden with lust. Bella just smiled seductively and shook her head. A low growl reverberated in my chest as I crashed my lips to hers once more.

No panties. No fucking panties. I had no idea why that was so hot, but every piece of me was on fire with this knowledge and my cock just got impossibly harder in my slacks.

I refused to let my brain wonder why she wasn't wearing any and decided it was all for me. All for me, because my Bella was a naughty girl like that.

Bella is naughty like that, and she is just what this Edward needs. After some initial flight tendencies of Bella (that are completely heartbreaking from Edward's POV), the girl who always put her emotions in second place to work, has been disarmed and it completely in love with this Awkward.

4 out of 5 Bubbles
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment