Beth Sabatino
Title: Love in My Box

Author: cosmoandmarvar

Chapters: 16

Words: 79,639

Reviews: 4193

Summary: Bella's an intellectual free spirit and Edward is a reserved, slightly geeky med student. They have a brief, but intense encounter on Sp Brk in Miami. Can they find true love through emails? There will be lemons and laughs. Look who's writing this!

I picked up Love in My Box a while back on a recommendation, and I am so glad I did. First of all, I love letter writing. I like writing them, and I love watching a romance unfurl via them, especially when they are laced with situational comedy. This story starts when Edward tracks down Bella, whom he shared a one-night stand in Miami on Spring Break, by hacking into Berkley's computer system. From the Prologue, you see that these are two normally socially awkward people who were both out of their element with their encounter in Miami. cosmoandmarvar gives us know doubt to who these two are from their first emails exchanged.

Some would consider this Edward an awkward, but I don't think that is the case. I think he is very confident in who he is, just that not many would appreciate that man. He is very intelligent and focused on his studies. Because of that, he is often very literal and lacking in social, or pop culture, reference. He has had a vicious girlfriend in that past that has cut down his confidence in dating. He just needs someone who loves him for all that he is.

Enter Bella. This might be one of my favorite Bella's. She is a bit flighty, more like canon Renee, but is intelligent in her own right. She is filterless and is as enamored by Edward's literal nature as he is by her over-sharing. She doesn't try to change herself and doesn't want Edward to change for her either. She sees past what might turn others off, and in return wins the affection of a loving, caring man.

Though they are across the country from one another, they do end up going to “surprise” one another. The surprise is that their planes have crossed in the night. **cue sad faces** Luckily, Edwards return flight comes back in time to spot Bella from across the airport leading to one of my favorite chapters in fanfiction. Not only was it beautiful and romantic, and had me holding my breath and holding back my tears, it was THEM. Bella's rambling. Edward's verbally walking through his steps of getting Bella off. Yet peppered with those beautiful moments when they just let themselves go. It was perfect.

5 out of 5 email love letters
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment