Beth Sabatino
Guns and Roses, Ch. 33-37

Chapter 33
-----------
Once again, you prove that you are one of the best writers of environment in the game. When I read your story, I am there. I can feel the sun's heat on my skin. I can see the colors. I can smell the apples on the tree, and its coarse bark under my fingertips.

I am anxious to see how Charlie fairs. It seems his health hangs on the edge of a knife. What is with the two of us, and putting Charlie in poor health?! :-)

I am happy that Alice knows Bella and Edward's secret. We'll see how long it stays that way.

Chapter 34
-----------
I know I have predicted that you were going to kill Jasper off this whole time, but I swear to Jeebuz, it better not be him!

Your depiction of the misery of trench life is gripping. Not only the mire and isolation, but the gripping for any bit of mental fortitude, such as hiding in the bunk, though in reality, it offers no more protection. Then the way you depicted the madness via Charlie. Wow. I could feel my own sanity slipping with Edwards.

Amazing chapter!

Chapter 35
-----------
How different the letters are now. Bella and Edward now communicate as equals, and with complete honesty about their situations and what they are feeling. Then the letters of/to Alice and mom kept along the party lines. Both with such innocent concerns, and asking for things that Edward/Jasper could never promise.

I am sorry to hear that Ben died, but someone had to. It is war.

You know I am a fan of the letter writing. Loved the chapter!

Chapter 36
------------
My heart hurts. You know this. I am holding out hope that he is just lost amongst the numerous wounded, or is being cared for by a kind French family. I am not one to hope, though. It is much more realistic if he is, in fact, dead.

I guess I will read and find out.

Chapter 37
------------
He's alive! (I feel a bit Dr. Frankenstein saying that)

I had a feeling you couldn't kill him off. I see you as an HEA type of girl. I am glad they were reunited.

I did think she might be pregnant & him dead, which I thought would be suitable also, but this is just as good.

Bring us home, bb!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment