Beth Sabatino
Deep Dish, Ch. 9-16

This is a compilation of reactions to chapters 9-16.

I loved watching the arc of Jack's character while Jacey was in Chicago. You could see the walls of his very compartmentalized life gradually begin to blur, and by the end, I am not sure they really existed anymore. Jack bottoming for Jacey was the apex of how much of himself Jack has given over to Jacey, though I am not completely sure Jacey got what that act meant for Jack emotionally. I think Jacey was very wrapped up in his own head by the time he left. Wanting to stay. Wanting Jack to WANT him to stay, but to afraid of losing the little bit he had to tell Jack what it was he wanted. What he needed.

Jacey's late nights and awkwardness only shows that he is doing what Jack has encouraged to do all along. I believe he is not being exclusive. He is out there experimenting just as Jack said he should. Ironically, he is doing this just as Jack realizes and vocalizes what has been building all along. That he loves Jacey. I am afraid Jack must now reap what he has sown.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment