Beth Sabatino
A Rough Start, Ch. 20-23

I absolutely loved this part:

"As Edward descended the stairs, back toward the living room, pieces of his heart were resurrected by the realization of who and what he was to Anthony. Images and scenarios ran through his mind: saving Anthony from a bully; I am a protector. Cheering on the winning goal from the sidelines. I am an encourager. Teaching Anthony how to fix a car. I am an instructor. Buying Anthony his first car. I am a provider. Telling Anthony about girls. I am a mentor."

I felt this was a moment when I felt a true shift in Edward's character. Where his foundation shifted into place.

Edward's history is heart breaking, and as you unfold the different perspectives of what happened, the story becomes even more sad. So many misconceptions. So many truths unknown. Part of me is ready for this whole history, complete history to get out in the open, so everyone can finally put the past behind them, and let them focus on the future. Also, we need to get Renee the hell out of Dodge. She is unneeded stress on Bella.

"When" is my new favorite fic word.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment