Beth Sabatino
The Sound of Your Voice, Ch. 1-21

I must start by thanking AngstGodess003 for pointing me in this story's direction.

I love your premise with Edward. Not that he is deaf, but that he is recently so, it seriously impedes the future he had planned out for himself, and that he is not fully adjusted. He is still angry and bitter. He is still trying to function as "normally" as possible, though he still hasn't mastered reading lips or signing.

Carlisle and Esme are for once the sexual epicenter of the story. All the passion and heat are in this married couples bed. Yet, they too are haunted by Esme's sometimes resurfacing past. A past that will lead them both to seek out to take in the abused and abandoned, I think.

Then we have Emmett and Alice with their abusive pasts. They are not so much friends as a support group. United in their coping. Connected by their mutual secrecy.

Rosalie's story has been an intriguing one to watch unfold. On the surface, it seems obvious, but her layers are deeper than anyone's. We are still not certain of the paternity of her child. We see she is a child herself that has been living on her own. I can't wait to see how the rest of her tale unfolds.

In the end, you have laid out all these fascinating characters with their own stories. They are each like a tentacle that seems to be drifting alone in the waves. Though, I can feel lurking the blacky depths that they are all connected to the same body. That their destinies are, in fact, intertwined.

I can't wait to read more!
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. God, her writing is so good. Can you believe that English is her second language? She's better at it than me, that's for sure. I love the characters--how this story isn't just about one triumph, but so many. It's so inspiring! I've been reading all day. Thanks for giving it a shot, and I concur on all above points. Especially layers. Everyone here is three-dimensional, no stone left unturned, weaved so nicely. So excited to find good stuff like this!

    /GushFestOver


Post a Comment