Beth Sabatino
Review Date: 4/2/2010

Title: My Brothers Best Friend

Author: jennylynnfs

Chapters: 25

Words: 263,874


Reviews:
5266


Summary:
AU/AH: Seven years have passed since Edward and Bella last saw each other. Now, with Edward's return to Seattle, Bella wonders what drove away her brother's best friend all those years ago.

A couple things grabbed me right from the start as dove into MBBF however long ago. One, there is strong Bella. I love a strong Bella. This one is not only sure of herself, but she has some aggression too (see her hot kickboxing sessions!). She is a good friend and a devoted sister and daughter.

I think this was the first AH fic I read where Emmett and Bella were Swan siblings, and it has come to be one of my favorite non-canon pairings...so to speak. These two work great together, especially in this fic, because Emmett gets to be the brother bear we all know in love, but with Bella's feist in this one, he is kept from going over the top. He is protective while letting her be her own woman. I just worked all the way around. This Charlie was like canon, but he seemed to be written a little softer, maybe because he had a son, and Bella's well being was not his dominion alone.

My other favorite character in this story, written out of the box, was Jacob. He is just a friend. Really, just a friend, and he has his own requited love. Jake always gets the shaft, so I enjoyed seeing him happy in his own life that didn't revolve or pine over Bella.

The love story is one we have seen, where people were pining for each other, and never said anything. Luckily, a wedding throws Edward and Bella back into each others lives. Their paths to each other are awkward and winding, but they get there, and when they do, hold onto your ladywear (you're welcome, Nina), because stuff gets hot. All I have to say is Chapter 19, up against a dresser sex.

She bent her elbows which caused her breasts to touch the top of the dresser. "I can feel so much more of you."

*fans self* Really, though, jennlynnfs masterfully crafts her lemons that leave you panting along with the characters and desirous of more.

I really enjoyed this story start to finish. Sometimes life and silence can throw more road blocks before our happiness than anything else. I was happy to see these two over-come those obstacles and arrive in each others arms in the end.
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment