Beth Sabatino
Art After 5, ch 39-42

Chapter 39
-----------
Letter writing is totally therapeutic. Even if you never intend on getting a response, it is healthy to get feelings out. I write out letters all the time to people. Some I send, others I burn.

"I never lied to you."

Ouch.

Chapter 40
-----------
It hurt my heart to see such a bitter Edward. I guess it is especially defeating re-reading this today after re-reading Counterpoint for reviewing this morning. To go from the innocence and joy of the boy in the early chapters to this jaded man in the diner. It makes me physically ache.

Chapter 41
-----------
I can't believe you killed Carlisle!!! Way to blindside us all with complete heart fail. This is so devastating for the Cullens. Esme lost the love of her life. Edward lost, not only his dad, but his best friend. It says something to see Edward turn to Bella for comfort, but it scares me at the same time. Is he turning to her and asking her never to leave because he really wants her forever, or is he desperately clinging to the familiar in light of his whole foundation being shattered? The latter will lead to major issues down the road.

Chapter 42
-----------
Now the question remains, did Edward not blush because of the confidence he has gained during their time apart, or because there is now an emotional detachment between him and sex?

I want these two to be back together as much as the next person, but as of right now, their roles are reversed. Bella is now giving everything, and is telling herself she is satisfied with whatever little bit Edward is willing to give. They are right back into an unhealthy relationship.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment