Beth Sabatino
Derailment, Ch. 11-13

Chapter 11
------------
Edward is so sweet caring for Bella in his subtle ways. Presenting her with gifts and the things she needs in ways she will accept them, so as not to damage her already frail pride.

I love to see him becoming less solumn, and more cheerful, not just at the train station, but it appears to be bleeding over into other areas of his life.

Alas, with one action, their comfortable train station bubble is burst. It was especially heartbreaking, because she was waiting there with her special cake. He is not going to deal with this well, and it might impact their meetings, because Bella will also be nervous after this.


Chapter 12
------------
They ventured outside of the station! This was such a sweet chapter! I am so happy Edward found some nerve and let Bella know how he was feeling in a way that built her up, and it wasn't just about him and his feelings.

I love the evening you created for the two of them. It was a perfect "first date". It was in the moment, while also had Edward wishing for the future. Lovely, absolutely lovely.


Chapter 13
------------
Glad to hear you are on Twitter. I've been pimping your story there.

I love what you are doing with this story. I was angry with his family's reaction to Edward when he got home at first, he is a grown man. I get that a phone call would have been considerate, since it is out of character for him to stay out, but I do understand all their claims of his selfishness. He has lived a selfish existence until meeting Bella. Sometimes it takes meeting someone who you care for more than yourself to appreciate the others in your life. To want to participate in life.

What I don't like, is Edward doubting his self-worth. I worry he is going to keep Bella at arm's length because of it, and I am afraid his efforts to keep pushing things back to a platonic level will cause damage to her already frail self-esteem.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment