Beth Sabatino
A House of Cards, ch 10-13

Chapter 10
------------
I thought this was such an important moment for Edward. Not only becoming comfortable in his own skin, but to say it out loud. Then, leaving himself vulnerable to his mother, he is met with love and acceptance.

This chapter left me with such a feeling of weight being lifted, and not just from his realization that he is attracted to men, but that this whole family was destroyed, and not just the direct victim. But it was clear they were all looking to heal and reform, and Edward's willingness to be part of that restructuring gripped my heart.

Chapter 11
------------
I know you have people on the fence on this character, but I fucking love that this love interest is Mike. I always thought he got a bum wrap in the canon. He is really a very compassionate character, who just never gets his chance. I am happy to see that he is the one who will gently take our Edward on his first date, because I know he will make it special.

I see that Edward is holding back when it comes to Jasper about this. I smell trouble ahead.

Chapter 12
------------
I loved this first date! Edward so deserved such a relaxed and easy day. I guess that is the thing that has struck me so far with Mike and Edward. Everything is easy. There is something to be said for that type of relationship where there is no struggle to make everything connect.

I can't wait for them to go out again, and how everyone at home reacts.

Chapter 13
------------
Why is it after a hot session, I am just feeling my heart break for Jasper? Don't get me wrong, in the moment, you know I like the double mouth action, but a contemplative Jasper caught in his mind staring out a window...breaks me.

It seems like someone in this group is always hurting. I guess that is what you get with a 3-person love dynamic. I think Edward and Jasper are just in denial about how truly deep and strong their bond is. I just hope they can work through it and not lose their friendship.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment