Beth Sabatino
Bad Press, Ch. 1-7

Chapter 1
----------
From the very start, you have me. Bella has a less than ideal past, and is looking for a fresh start. She is a two birds with one stone kind of girl, by combining her blind date with scoping out her new job, which I think is hilarious.

I love the way you introduce Alice, and Edward. Alice doesn't feel forced or phony. Just someone you would easily like. Then you bring us Edward darkly clad and sexy, and what do you have Bella do...ask him to help her barf. So great.

Chapter 2
----------
I love a confident, cocky Edward, and in this case, he is the GM as well, and not just the bartender. This will make things interesting. I love how you have set up all our favorite supporting Cullen players. I like that it is truly a family business, and everyone will do what they need to in order to keep things operational.

I love the banter between Edward and Bella. I like that she is honest with Edward about her short comings, maybe in a moment of desperation. I can't wait to see what he comes up with to help her.

Chapter 3
----------
The "Stay" killed me. My heart jumped right to my throat. These two have such an easy rapport. I was hoping for the night to never end just like Edward. Obviously, Bella has some issues in her past that has her a bit spooked. She is also starting a new job THERE in the morning.

I was sorry to see Edward so easily led to believe that she was shallow. He did say he had trust issues, so I can see where he would be quick to believe the worst in someone he just met.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Chapter 4
----------
Fav line, "Leave it to Emmett to be the Sherlock Holmes of pussy." I'm still laughing about that one.

Edward is in for a surprise when he realizes his dream and his nightmare are one in the same. Will he decide to go with the plan to be an ass, or change tactics?

I love this Bella. I love a STRONG Bella. She knows her shit. I like that you have paired her with Angela as her assistant. I have a feeling there is nothing that they are going to be able to pull that she is not already two steps ahead on.

This is going to be fun.

Chapter 5
----------
This chapter was absolutely on fire! What an awkward room to be in. Bella is sharp as a tack, and not only put Edward in his place, but swept his main ally away with the words "stockcar". I was a bit surprised at both of them for getting so catty at a board meeting, but I think they were both caught up in the moment, working out UST via professional sparring.

This is so good.

Chapter 6
----------
ObsessingOverEdward is the reason I found your story. She recs the best stuff. Your story included. I am continuing that chain of rec'ing myself!

The kiss in her office was A-MAZING! It reminded me of that Cheers episode where Sam and Diane are "I hate you!" "I hate you more!" ::kiss:: :)

Now, we shall see how these two dance between their volatile professional lives and their personal relationship which has so much potential.

Chapter 7
----------
I loved the use of the one-on-one meetings as a device to get to know some of the key players better and how they will eventually interact with Bella. Jessica and Emmett's meetings went as I expected, but you pull some shit out for Alice! I did not see that coming, but now makes the wallet stealing something Edward would owe her big time for. I am happy that Bella will have an open relationship with her. She needs someone she can confide in openly.

Finally, I loved the elevator ride. You have a gift for banter. I can't wait to see him show up in her office...with a plant maybe?
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment