Beth Sabatino
Cocktails & Dreams, Ch. 25-28

Chapter 25
-------------
That was mastery in chapter writing if I have ever seen one. You start us out with uncertainty. Bella's realization that she is going to have to face the truth of her evening. We are all anxious as we follow her to the backyard. Then, Charlie expresses his displeasure, but it soon turn joking and then sincere. I love the openness of their relationship. It demonstrates how honest this family is with each other, and the trust in one another that they can face each other even when they know a conversation won't be easy.

Next you dance us through the euphoria of the morning, afternoon delight, and the festivities at the reservation. Life is grand. Everyone is loving Edward. Edward is loving Bella, and life is good.

Finally, you pull the emotional rug out from under us. Edward says, out loud, that his father's stroke is the fault of their relationship. Gut punch. Rereading it now for the review has the tears tickling my eyes all over again.

Chapter 26
-------------
I was saying to someone earlier today that you are my ambassadress of heart fail lately, and that I wish I would have reviewed when I first read this, because re-reading it seems to be even worse, and masochistically enough, I love it! I love stories that make me FEEL, and yours does that in spades.

My favorite part about this chapter is the part about armor. How she didn't want to build any when it came to him, and none of us should have to when it comes to the people we love, but we are human. Sometimes, the stresses of life push us to do things we would never do in good consciousness. She has to allow for his humanity, as he allows for hers.

Chapter 27
-------------
These two are a psychiatrist's wet dream. Between life's interruptions, his now insecurity, and her self-imposed isolation, this relationship is doomed. There is only so long you can leave someone hanging by a string before they choose to cut it themselves. Bella's choice might have just been made for her.

I am glad that Bella's closest friends gave her the "pull your head out of your ass" speeches.

Now, the next chapter is sitting in my inbox, and I can't wait to get to it!

Chapter 28
-------------
::bullhorn on::
She's there! People she is there, and some promises of forever have been laid down. Pull your heads out of your ovens!
::bullhorn off::

Thank you for bringing her to Edward. I can't believe that it looks like the end for Big Ed. I hope he becomes stable enough to see, and maybe get to know Bella, even just a little, before he goes. Deep breath.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment