Beth Sabatino
The Best Man, Ch. 1-25

I have to start out by saying that I haven't cried this hard about a fic...ever. I had to stop reading at the end of each of the last 5 chapters, because I was absolutely body-racking sobbing. I was devastated over the end of this story, which speaks greatly of the characters you created in the first 20.

I fell in love with Bella and Jasper's friendship. I felt it. I was jealous of it. I felt their love for one another, but never felt that it was more than what it was. What a fantastic gift to have such a great friend.

Then the relationship between Edward and Bella had my heart constantly clinching in a mixture of frustration and their hurt through ignorance of each others feelings. I am happy that they found their way to each other in the end. It hurts to see the catalyst.

I have to say the end was hauntingly real. When I was in 8th grade, my neighbor and best friend's dad died. I found out when I got home from school, and in a desperate dash to get to her, I took off running across the lawn. It was a rainy day, and I slipped and fell the wet grass. To see Bella do the same, while also in so much confusion and pain was a vivid flash back to that day.

Thank-you for writing such real characters. There was real humor, real pain, and real love.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment