Beth Sabatino
The Naked Guy Upstairs, Ch. 19

Oh, ABG, I need to seriously just curl up and love on you a bit after that chapter. No words. Just snuggling.

This chapter was well played, friend. If you took the first half of this chapter out of context, you would assume you were watching the lives of a well established couple. Taking the MIL to the airport. Comforting the crying woman until she turns her tears into laughter. The protective caveman. Walking the halls of the hospital arm in arm, before pausing to do some kissing before parting ways. Hand fed dinner of leftovers before making love all over the place. It is all there in black & white.

I have to admit, when Bella came back to the table drunk, I was perplexed, and I like to think I am usually pretty astute. Then it all made sense. I would do my best to get drunk too, if I thought my happiness was about to walk away.

My heart was in my throat in those final paragraphs. Poor Edward floundering, wanting her to love him. The broken boy needing this woman he adored to just tell him he was loved. And she does.

And the Bethie was happy.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment