Beth Sabatino
An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy, Ch. 1-5

Chapter 1
----------
I think I like these two already. Socially awkward. On the edge of innocence, when kissing someone is your greatest fantasy.

The detail of the business card is hilarious. That one small item gives a clear picture of Edward's personality. He is a shy, but serious boy. More comfortable talking online, than face-to-face. WAIT! Is this based on my husband?! LOL!

Looking forward to a walk down memory lane (only computers we had were Apple IIEs w/ Basic. hehehe

Chapter 2
----------
Yeah, there was no texting in middle school. Hand written notes with LYLAS on every signature. I'm old. ;)

I can remember my 8th grade dance and only one boy asked me to dance. Three years later that boy would become my first love. He saw me when no one else did. I think Bella is feeling a bit of that too, but in her case, she is already "in love" with Edward. I was very sad that she wasn't confident enough to deny Alice, or aware enough to see that Edward only wanted to dance with her. :(

Chapter 3
----------
I think we all went through the phase in middle school when we are trying to look and feel older than we are. I could take Renee out back for an ass whooping after this chapter. What kind of parent tells a middle schooler to sex up her appearance?! Thank God for Ms. Evans giving her the advice and saying the things her mother should have said. All a girl needs is to be told every day that she is beautiful just the way she is. When she is older, when it is important, she will believe it, and it will give her power.

So happy that Edward and Bella have reconciled. And of course Edward has his own successful on-line t-shirt business!

Chapter 5
----------
I had a feeling that the investor was going to be a family member. :) I love that it is grandma, and that she is a Trekkie. It was one of those wonderful nut/tree scenarios. I spent a great deal of time with one set of my grandparents growing up, and Edward & Mrs. Evans seem to share a similar relationship. Makes me miss them, but shows how real your characters are to your readers when they can see themselves in the relationships you create.

Looking forward to date night!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment