Beth Sabatino
Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, Ch. 1-24

The last time I read 24 chapters straight without stopping to review each chapter was Behind Enemy Lines by adoreablecullens. So it has been a while since I was so enthralled in what I was reading that I couldn't make myself stop until I had read everything there was to read.

Your writing has that perfect balance of revealing elements of the story while keeping the majority of their past a mystery. After 24 chapters, you have your readers talking and speculating what it was that he can't forgive. Was it an affair (I'm thinking no)? Was it years of indifference? Was it Bella declaring to Jake on her wedding day that she would never love Edward (which he over-hears)? Just some guesses, but I don't want to know until I read it.

In my opinion, indifference is the most hurtful emotional abuse you can subject someone to. With anger or rage, there is at least emotion behind it. You can cling to the thought that this person feels SOMETHING, because of the fire of the emotion. Indifference is an emotional purgatory, that I think takes a LONG time to recover from. A long time before you remember what it is like to allow yourself to feel.

They are moving towards something at the moment. I'm not sure what, but I am happily along for the ride. I am buckled in and captivated.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment