Beth Sabatino
The Naked Guy Upstairs, Ch. 13-18

Chapter 13
-----------
It would be difficult, if put on the spot, to describe the true essence of this relationship. None of the quick answers (neighbor, friend) would seem like enough, yet others (lover, girlfriend) would be an answer I wouldn't feel comfortable giving w/out Bella's permission first. Still, I understand her hurt, as well.

I love how they talk it out. The snark and teasing, but when it gets down to the business, they are all sweet and sexy.

I am guessing Edward 1) assumed she was asleep, or 2) was half asleep himself and didn't think about what he was saying.

Chapter 14
-----------
Part of me wonders if Edward is conscious that he puts Bella up on a pedestal. This element of his character hurts my heart. He won't let himself believe that just because he has a past, that it makes him heartless and unworthy of a honest love. I worry that Bella's irritation with him treating her like a china doll will make her crack. I hope not. He mistakes her inexperience with innocence. Just because a person has never acted on desires, doesn't mean they don't have them.

Emotional forecast: cloudy.

Chapter 15
-----------
Lure us into the happy with the cute interactions with cancer kids, the sexy smexin' after, the fun playing before the movie, and then SMACK US DOWN with the Twitter bust. LOL!

In this chapter, you really see Edward consider the emotions he is feeling for Bella. I think watching a person be so genuine, as Bella was being with the kids, really clues you into the type of person someone is. Then for him to want to connect with her physically after that, I don't think for him it was just a romp. I think that one held more emotion than any encounter to date.

Unfortunately, he finally got caught with his nose in her diary, so to speak.

Chapter 16
-----------
Bella epiphany: Edward has no experience with basic love related emotions. It's not that he is not having them. He is most certainly in love with her, but just doesn't know what names to give his feelings and actions.

Their love making was beautifully written. Sometimes it is best to leave the words out of it, and let the act be what it is. Experience the heightened sensations when it is shared with someone you love completely. Lovely, ABG. Absolutely, lovely.

Chapter 17
-----------
I am wondering if Renee might be the thing that breaks through all the words they are not saying, and in a motherly way make Edward understand what he is feeling. I shall see.

In the meantime, that elephant in the room seems to trip up every situation. Friendly banter and loving embraces are cut short by something not said or snappy retorts to mask the hurt of wanting to say more, be more.

Chapter 18
-----------
See...that Renee, she can really hold the mirror up.

I loved that Bella displayed that her need for Edward was as great and insatiable as his need for her. I think he needed to see that. But the thing I am most in love with is watching him fall in love with her with every ordinary and imperfect thing that is her. That is an unbelievably amazing ride to go on with him.

His wish stopped my heart. Love this chapter, bb.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment