Beth Sabatino
Rising, Ch. 3-4

Chapter 3
----------
I have been debating with myself about Edward as I read this chapter. I can't decide what portion of him is a legitimate mental illness that his family has chosen to ignore and what portion is that he is just an epic, unapologetic asshole. I am starting to think that he is a clinical sociopath (by that I mean someone who's emotional part of their brain doesn't work, not I want to wear your skin as a vest). He speaks of emotion, but I am not sure he feels them. If that is the case, he'll never love Bella, or hate her for that matter. It is all the same to him.

Now that they have admitted that this is over for them, I am curious what keeps Bella re-subjecting herself to this. Maybe we have a green period coming up.

Chapter 4
----------
I have started writing this sentence about 10 times, and none of it seems right. Bella's confusion is contagious. Part of me wonders if she hasn't resigned herself to Edward. That she has convinced herself that there is no one out there that can give the green as good as he does AND stays green...all the time. That there could be a life without black, red, and even amber.

But does Bella want a life of green? Will she be content with such a barren palate? I am not sure that she will. Maybe she is more like Charlie than she even realizes, gravitating to a dramatic creature.

I almost thought this was the last chapter the way it was worded. Happy to see there are still a couple more. :)
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment