Beth Sabatino
Take The Cake, Ch. 1-22

I started reading this story earlier this week, and have finally caught up.

I wasn't sure how I would like the hopping around of, not POV, because you write in 3rd person, but perspective within a chapter, but it has ended up being a delicious derivation from the ordinary. It is almost like watching a play where you are looking inside a multi-room building, but the wall has been cut out so the audience can see everyone at once. It really, really works.

Things I am loving about your story:

1. Your Bella. She has had her heart betrayed in the most confusing way, because how can you fault someone for realizing their sexuality points them in a different direction. It has been great to see her start to resolve the unhealthy relationship she and Jake have been living. My favorite thing about Bella, despite the terrible things she has experienced, is her happiness and general optimism. It's contagious, and if a cupcake was an emotion, that is how she makes me feel when I read her.

2. Your Alice & Jasper. THIS is how I pictured them in their discourse and private moments when reading the books. They have such rich and interesting conversations, but then they have easily silence. I especially the night of them waiting on the pizza, and then their silent meal and the way they anticipated each others needs. Loved it.

I can't wait to read more. I am so excited for you and your story!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment