Beth Sabatino
The University of Edward Masen, Ch. 19

It's vodka in the pie crust. I use it in my own.

The thought that reverberated with me through this chapter is how Edward can never be fully accepting of Bella's love, when she is ready to give it, until he learns to love himself first. To accept that he had a torrid past, and it is just that...in the past. It is not the man he is today. I think he needs to strip himself emotionally bare. He has been living so superficially for so long. I understand what he thinks he wants from Bella, but I am not sure if he is yet capable of giving her all that he promises. Not that I don't want him to try to be the man she deserves.

Edward also must stop putting Bella up on a pedestal. It is a long way down and lonely from such perches. None of us are perfect or innocent.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment