Beth Sabatino
The Fallout, Ch. 12

Your environmental descriptions in this story are so rich. I can feel the cold dampness of the bunker. I can almost hear the sound that voice make when they echo off of concrete. My nose stings with the smell of livestock stalls. It puts you in the bleak and borderline hopeless state of things. It's sterility matches Esme's despair.

Then, you shift, and I see the colorful rows of houses of the Forks settlement. A place, despite what has happened, has chosen life. A land of optimism tucked in the world of devastation. I can see the gardens, flowers, and houses. The children represent the hope for the future in this upside-down world. I couldn't help but smile along with Edward and Carlisle. I loved how Carlisle's thoughts drifted to Rose when he saw the children, and I wished she was there as well. I am sure there will be many future visits.

For the first time in this story, I feel hope.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment