Beth Sabatino
Tropic of Virgo, Ch 22

First order of business, favorite V word. I'm a bit old fashioned, but I like "pussy", because it's so sweet.

I loved the power play between Edward in Bella in this chapter. She is the first person outside of his family, I think, to challenge his control. I loved that through the bathroom scene, neither relented. I think when they relented back to the sweet, tender selves once upstairs, it was simply because it is exhausting fighting against something you really want to have, or in this case, give. The fight made the "please" at the end very significant.

The more subtler theme in this chapter is how Bella is also changing the dynamic of the rest of the family. I think she has given Alice more confidence, Rose some tenderness, and have opened Jasper and Edward's eyes up to the potential of those around them. Given them some new perspective to the music.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment