Beth Sabatino
Behind Enemy Lines

I have to start my review of this story admitting that I was apprehensive of your story at first, because the first chapter reminded me of the movie Beyond Borders. Not that I didn't like that movie or it's concept, but I longed for something original. I am glad that I ignored my gut, and gave it a chance, because I am in love with this story. You have created an original story with characters you pray for, a love you feel in your bones, and a tragic story of human suffering that you have presented with such humanity and raw reality.

I loved your Bella. She is intelligent and self-assured. She is a complete humanitarian, and an efficient leader. She dances so magnificently from soft to militant when it comes to who she is dealing with. This is especially evident when seeing her going from the camp inhabitants and then back to Aro. Her faith in what she and Edward share, though it had never amounted to any more than some kisses and a decade of arguments, is inspiring. She really did everything for love.

Balticward...let me get through the accented haze so I can focus on his character. My lust over this characters patriarchal society dominance is making Gloria Steinem cringe wherever she is. I love how Edward struggles with Bella and who she is, yet is still drawn to her. She intrigues him in the way she challenges everything about himself. Her own dominant personality goes against what he was taught about women, yet it draws him in at the same time.

In the end, I love the sacrifice and devotion to each other and the safety of the ones around themselves that sees them home. I love that these people will put themselves through great hardships to care for those who cannot defend and care for themselves. There is nothing ordinary about their lives or livelihoods, and it will never be easy for them, but they will have each other.

This story was nothing less than magnificent. Thank-you for sharing it.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment