Beth Sabatino
The Mirrors, ch 1-17

Just picked this up, so here is my 17 chapter review.

First of all, I love the fantasy nature of this story. I know this fan fiction are based on "fantasy" stories, but I loved how you have created your own secret world for this one.

It was confusing at first while wrapping my head around "Teddy", but I am glad that I pushed past it. I love the detail you gave the Mirror world, and the relationship that formulated there between Teddy and Swan. You progressed the relationship perfectly from children to adolescents.

The earthquake scene was heartbreaking, and I felt the confusion and helplessness of his family from my parental perspective watching a child apparently losing their mind. I also felt the immense despair of Teddy at the loss of his friend, his first love.

It must be devastating to have to hide the most important relationship you have ever had from everyone. To live a lie for a decade is maddening. He caused himself true mental illness in convincing the world he wasn't mentally ill.

Bella's damage comes from her abandonment issues quelled from not only her father, but the loss of Teddy too. I can't imagine how emotionally traumatizing it would be to discover someone you thought was dead was alive. She is handling this WAY better than I would.

I am happy they are reunited now, yet sorry they both had such a terrible road to get here. I am anxious to see how the mirror will come back into their lives.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment